There are no specific participant eligibility requirement or guidelines. The course is designed for a wide range of people with an interest in physical activity and dementia including:
- Health and primary care services
- Dementia, Adult and social care services
- Exercise and instructors, teachers and leaders
- Chair-based exercise leaders and Otago exercise leaders
- Movement teachers and leaders including those involved in dance, walking sport programmes
- Physiotherapy, occupational therapy, rehabilitation and re-ablement services.
1st Steps in Dementia CPD is not appropriate for volunteers or those in residential care.
However, LLT is able to design bespoke courses relating to volunteering with people living with dementia and for residential and other care settings.