There are no specific participant eligibility requirement or guidelines. The course is designed for a wide range of people with an interest in physical activity and dementia including:
- Exercise instructors (PSI), teachers and leaders including Otago and Chair Based Exercise
- Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, rehabilitation and re-ablement professionals
- Movement teachers and leaders including those involved in dance, walking and walking sport programmes
- Health, adult and social care and dementia services professionals
- Active Ageing, physical activity, recreation and sports development officers.
1st Steps in Dementia CPD is not appropriate for volunteers or those in residential care.
However, LLT is able to design bespoke courses relating to volunteering with people living with dementia and for residential and other care settings.