Candidate Eligibility and Guidelines
The OEP course is appropriate for:
- Physiotherapists and in particular physiotherapy assistants and technical assistants
- Occupational therapists and in particular rehabilitation assistants
- Qualified Chair-Based Exercise leaders
- Qualified Exercise Instructors (Level 2 or above)
- Postural Stability Instructors interested in updating their CPD or in a supervisory role with OEP Leaders
The following professions are eligible if they hold the Chair-Based Exercise Leaders certificate, or an equivalent Level 2 exercise qualification:
- Social care workers
- Care Staff
- Scheme Managers
Please be aware that if you wish to host an accelerated course (2 days) your candidates must all be physiotherapists or TI’s, with at least one years experience teaching older adults.
You can view our key recommendations for eligibility and key implementation pointers in our OEP Eligibility flowchart. The link to which can be found below:
CIMSPA Code of Conduct
CIMSPA members are reminded of their responsibility to uphold the code of conduct as part of their professional practice.