These booklets have been designed to be used by LLT qualified instructors with their clients to promote home exercise between group sessions as we know that regular exercise (at least 3 times a week) makes a difference to the speed of positive outcomes.
We are pleased to be able to offer free downloads of our own home exercise booklets. The text and illustrations are by two of our most senior tutors, Sheena Gawler and Simon Hanna, edited by Dawn Skelton, and the overall design (v2) by Helen Skelton.
We have 13 booklets that you can download – a home exercise booklet for those who attend postural stability instructor (PSI) led classes, a booklet to practice backward chaining (getting down to and up off the floor), a booklet for those who attend Otago strength and balance classes (OEP) and for those who attend Chair-Based Exercise (CBE) Leaders classes.
It is possible to scale PDFs to fit the paper size you prefer when printing.
If you need the PSI/OEP/CBE booklets in another EU language, you can visit the ProFouND website – home exercise booklets for the booklets in 12 different languages. Although all booklets are in colour, you can print in black and white.
If you are an EfS Instructor, you can download a suite of home exercise sheets that allows you to tailor a home exercise programme to support your clients needs and impairments. Just click here for more information
- These booklets may be printed or photocopied in their entirety without charge.
- If distributed as printed material, no charge must be made for this reproduction or provision without the permission of Later Life Training.
- Part content (graphics or text) must not be used, or reproduced in any other form without permission, in writing, from Later Life Training.
- As a responsible instructor delivering exercise to older adults, please ensure you read the LLT Guidelines for Safe Use of Chair as support options, before tailoring the programme.
- Backward Chaining is only suitable if you have checked they can rise from the floor (safety).