Thank you for your interest in the EfS home exercise sheets.
Are you a stroke survivor or carer?
Easy to use and adapt
We have attempted to ensure these home exercise resources are fit for purpose. The EfS Instructor can chose to print specific exercises from each component, enabling you to tailor the STARTER exercises, based on decisions made from assessment outcomes.We acknowledge that these sheets will not be suitable for all stroke survivors with regard to content and format.
- You can download the whole set of resources as a .ZIP file (EfS Home Exercise Booklets ARCHIVE) and then have these available on your computer to print as required.
- The home exercise resources are available as fitness component downloads, each with an introduction page.
- Each exercise sheet has a space provided for the EfS Instructor to add comments/safety reminders or provide further tailoring guidance.
- Please ensure you read the introduction and that this is also printed for the client along with the home exercise sheets.
- As a responsible EfS instructor, please ensure you read the LLT Guidelines
for Safe and Effective Resistance Band Use and Chair use (included in the .ZIP file), before tailoring the programme/issuing resistance bands.
What exercises have we included?
The following exercises from the STARTER programme have been chosen as appropriate for home exercise practice.
MARCHING, SHOULDER ROLLS, SIDE BENDS, TRUNK TWISTS, ANKLE MOBILITY & SIDE STEPPING.
SHUTTLE WALKING, WALL PRESS, HAND TO KNEE, BALL RAISE OR SIMILAR OBJECT, STEP UPS & SIT TO STAND
POLE LIFT, SIT TO STAND, BACK OF ARM STRENGTH & UPPER BACK STRENGTHENER
CHEST STRETCH, BACK OF ARM STRETCH, UPPER SIDE STRETCH, BACK OF THIGH & CALF STRETCH
This covers important information for the client, including reasons for being active, safety at home while doing exercises, acknowledgements and a disclaimer. Each client should receive these 2 pages as an introduction to their tailored home programme.
If distributed as printed material, no charge must be made for this reproduction or provision without permission of Later Life Training. Part content (graphics or text) must not be used, or reproduced in any other form without permission, in writing, from Later Life Training. You can contact us here.